Sunday, June 17, 2007

Wild Bill Hurlow rides again

Saturday was devoted to final parts acquisition and assembly of my W.B.Hurlow.

Tony Mahon very kindly gave me a Zeus Criterium derailler & shiftlevers and a pair of Zeus track pedals; and to complete the gear train a Zeus front derailler arrived in Saturday's mail.
Most of the other parts came from my collection of junque- T.A. Cyclotouriste cranks, Mafac Racer brakeset, aluminium railed Ideale model 90 saddle, Fiamme stem and 44cm Ambrosio handlebars.

By bedtime, all I needed was to attach a bottle cage, and strap on a spare tubular.

I haven't achieved my goal of no-Campagnolo- my trusty pair of Campag Record-hubbed tubulars were pressed into service until I get time to build some Mavic MA2s onto a pair of Zeus Gigante hubs.

MORE PHOTOS at the Wool Jersey Gallery

Spec:
Headset________________Tange
Bottom bracket__________T.A
Crankset_______________T.A. Cyclotouriste 175mm, 38/47
Brakes_________________MAFAC Racer
Brake levers____________MAFAC Course 218 ?
Shift levers_____________Zeus Criterium
Front derailler___________Zeus
Rear derailler___________Zeus Criterium
Hubs__________________
Rims__________________
Freewheel______________Suntour Winner Ultra 6
Saddle_________________Ideale Mod.90, light alloy frame
Seatpost_______________
Stem__________________Fiamme 12cm
Handlebars_____________Ambrosio 13 Volte Campione del Mondo
Pedals_________________Zeus Pista, Christophe clips, ALE straps

Thanks to Robert S Broderick and Brad Stockwell for posting the Zeus, Ideale, T.A. and other catalogs that I have linked to.

No comments: