Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Busted

Riding the demountable home through the Otahuhu Railway Yards tonight, the rail on my best Brooks B17 broke.
Bought in 1998 from Rivendell Bicycle Works, I was hoping for a couple of decades more riding.
The dilemma now is whether to buy a new one, or to press into service one of the Brooks Professional lingering in the shed. I would have bought a Pro back in 1998 if they had come with saddlebag loops, a shortcoming that I have since addressed by making a couple of stainless steel brackets.

4 comments:

Oli said...

What's that yellow stuff on the bush behind the stone wall? It rings a bell...

Sorry to hear about your saddle, Doc. :(

David Benson said...

Sunshine? That ain't nuthin', get it everyday here in JAFAtown.

Redwoods said...

Huge moral dilema (damn that spellcheck) I can tell. Hmmm, buy another saddle (great excuse honey) o use one of the 15 you have stashed in the shed....
I know what I'd do !

Anonymous said...

I dunno DB, better stop eating all of those meat pies, must be too heavy for it!