Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back in Italy

Actually, I've been back here for a week, but Italy's quaint laws about public internet access make internet cafes few and far between.

This afternoon I'm in Radda in Chianti, where I stayed last year for Eroica.
This morning I started in San Gimignano, riding my Ritchey Breakaway to Greve in Chianti for lunch, thence to Radda by the scenic route. I should have had dessert in Greve too, as my bowl of traditional Tuscan bean soup was well & truly burned up on the 8km climb from Dudda through Torsoli.

Yesterday I rode to San Gimigano from Massa Marittima, where I had spent three days at the Continental International Marketing meeting. Click here for a map.

Tomorrow's itinerary is somewhat vague.
If I'm feeling sharp in the morning, I'll head for a new location, if not I'll try to get a second night at the pricey Hotel Radda and do a short loop around Chianti country.

No comments: